Pets Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Archive

How many times do you wash your Cats per month?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many times do you wash your Cats per month?
0-1 times
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
2-3 times
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
4+
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Bluecat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: How many times do you wash your Cats per month? Reply with quote

Hello.
I have one questions.
How much did you wash your cat.
Please answer on the Poll and make a coment.
Thank you.
Bluecat
Purr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze gets a bath on an as-needed basis. I'd say that works out to once every 3 months, or about 4 times a year. It may be more if her coat is looking bad. Blaze seems to enjoy the whole bath experience. Very Happy

I don't attempt to bathe Purr, my other cat. She hates water and bathing would be too traumatic for both me & her! Wink
lily

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never wash my cats; they do a great job all by themselves! Having said that, they are short haired but I think that long haired cats have to be washed and groomed fairly regularly.
cocodrilo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give my cats a shower(honest!) once or twice a year, in the really hot season. My cats are housecats and never go outside, and I groom them often so they don't get dirty or smell.(At least that's what visitors say!)
Purr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not had any complaints my cats smell bad either, I'm glad to say. Wink
Peor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would only wash my cat if it was really needed. Cats keep themselves clean, so at most I would probably once in a long while wash my cat. Unless for some reason they would smell strong, or get themselves dirty. But in general, cats are clean creatures and the owners help to keep them clean (grooming) Smile
Purr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave Blaze a bath last weekend, because her fur was looking a little dull & dusty. She seemed to appreciate it. The weather was nice, a sunny day of Indian summer, so she had plenty of nice places to lay and dry off! She looked so pretty when I combed her out after she dried out! Very Happy
Sammy's Mom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bathe my cats occasionally. Sita has long fur,(Maine Coon) so she needs it more often, and she doesn't like it, but she is getting better about it.
Anybody with longhaired cats? Know what I mean by "needs" a bath??

Sammy is good about baths; I think he's partly Turkish Van, the swimming cat. (He has the Van markings, in black, and kind of medium short fur.) He used to drink out of the sink faucet, and was always fascinated wth water. My ex said he actually jumped into the bathtub with him once! Before my time, sorry I missed that one. When I take a bath, he comes and checks it out, with paws up on tub. Cute!
darskayairene

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't wash my cat at all. He doesn't go outside, so he is clean. It is natural cats clean themselves with tongue and this is unnaturally to wash them with shampoo or soap. Besides, cats don't like water and the washing process causes stress to these animals. But of course, if the cat goes outside, we should wash him in order to keep cleanness in the house and prevent ourselves from microbes.
David
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we don't wash our cats (3) either, but we do brush them every day.
Purr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Pets Forum, darskayairene! Very Happy
dTas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well my white cats gets about 4 baths a year but my tabby has only had about 4 baths her whole life.

i'm thinking of increasing the baths though to twice a month in an attempt to limit dander and hair.

funny... everyone says that cats are so clean. you should see my white one. he's totally white when he's clean but if he hasn't had a bath in a while he develops an undercoat of dirt that's very apparent (especially on his back)

1 female rottie and 1 kitty
Sammy's Mom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dTas wrote:
well my white cats gets about 4 baths a year but my tabby has only had about 4 baths her whole life.

i'm thinking of increasing the baths though to twice a month in an attempt to limit dander and hair.

funny... everyone says that cats are so clean. you should see my white one. he's totally white when he's clean but if he hasn't had a bath in a while he develops an undercoat of dirt that's very apparent (especially on his back)

I just bathed both cats yesterday. Whew! Wore me out! They both needed it. Sam is white with black tail and "eyebrows." He went from what I thought was white, to blinding, pure white! And softer!
Both kitties are soft and clean and kissable.
I read that if you bathe your cat every month, it helps keep dander down, helps if you're at all allergic to cats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pets Forum Forum Index -> Cats All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: