Pets Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Archive

Pets' Idiosyncrasies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cocodrilo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Pets' Idiosyncrasies Reply with quote

Do you have pets with any idiosyncrasies? All of my pets do(I guess they take after their owner! Shocked ) For example, my last cat, Iroha, a male tiger cat, used to like playing hide & seek with me. The two cats I have now bring me their toys when they feel like playing(like a dog brings his leash when he wants a walk?) and my tiger kitty actually plays "fetch" with her little toy mouse. She brings it back to me and I huck it and she fetches it! This cat also comes running to me and does the "RCA Victor dog pose" when I sing. She sometimes meows along. It is really odd. Both cats are talkative and when I speak to them, they usually answer me.
Purr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze likes to hang out in the bathroom. Sometimes in the morning I'll find her dozing on top of the toilet lid. She likes to cruise the bathroom counter when I'm putting on makeup or brushing my teeth. Sometimes she'll hang out in the tub. She'll play a pouncing game with me through the shower curtain. Or, she'll just sniff the pouf hanging from the fawcett.

Maybe Blaze has a thing for soap??!! Rolling Eyes
squirrel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cats also talk back to me... especially the male cat...
The female likes to attack my feet... also, whenever I (or somebody else she's used with) come home she gets on the couch and starts "doing her nails..." Smile she's scratching the couch to death!
The male likes open windows... I live on the 10th floor therefore it's a bad idea to let the window open... what if he hunts a bird and falls off?
Also, both hunt flies and mosquitos and anything else that moves... Smile
Purr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

squirrel wrote:
Also, both hunt flies and mosquitos and anything else that moves... Smile

Purr likes to do that...she can see and follow the insects when I can't...we make a good team for getting rid of those pests! Wink
cocodrilo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My calico gets most of the bugs in the house. In Japan, we have these huge, hideous cockroaches which come in from outside. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning & go downstairs where the cats are, I'll find half a roach in the kitchen!
Purr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cocodrilo wrote:
My calico gets most of the bugs in the house. In Japan, we have these huge, hideous cockroaches which come in from outside. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning & go downstairs where the cats are, I'll find half a roach in the kitchen!

Oh, my. Shocked
cocodrilo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better than finding the WHOLE roach! Shocked
Jonathan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cocodrilo wrote:

Good point! Laughing
Purr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan wrote:
cocodrilo wrote:

Good point! Laughing

Quite true! Wink
Shelley

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cat Prissy likes to play with peppermint candy and pecans. She plays football with the pecans and throws the candy around like its prey. It's funny, I guess she like the sound of the wrapper or the smell of the peppermint. She also likes to open cabinets and knock my little nic nacks off of the shelf at 4 am!
Captain constantly begs for Tuna. I can't go into the kitchen without having him at my feet begging me to open the Tuna can. Thats ok, a little Tuna is good for him.
Eartha is addicted to ....."THE CLOSET" . When she found us she was comforted by the huge walk in closet of our apartment. We would have our "petting-brushing" session there and she loved it. When we moved into a house without the walk in closet she made do, but was not happy. Then we moved into a new apartment with a walk in closet a week ago and the first thing she did was run to the closet and meow. So we now have our "closet time" once again. We are a happy family.
cocodrilo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cats strongly dislike the smell of mint & in fact, I put minty toothpaste around my yard to keep the stray cats away(poop problem!). My tiger cat, Pompie, makes a wierd face when I brush my teeth(she's sitting on the washing machine nearby) and when I floss, every time, - this is so strange- she makes an odd cackling sound. I don't get that! Is it the sound maybe? Shocked
Purr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps, I'm not sure. Blaze cackles sometimes, but it's when she's spotted a bird! Shocked
squirrel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile My female cat cackles at flies, mosquitos and birds... the same the male...
They like playing with anything, starting with food (they hunt down the pieces of meat or other food as if it were prey), pens, mobiles Shocked , cigarette wrappers (the plastic part, that makes noise), paper, small rocks... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pets Forum Forum Index -> General Pet Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: