Pets Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Archive

Kitty's Favorite Toy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Kitty's Favorite Toy Reply with quote

What's kitty's favorite toy? A toy mouse? A favorite ball? You? Very Happy

Blaze's favorite toys are little pom pom balls. She likes to play soccer with them, and they end up all over the house. Or she carries one in her mouth, all the time yammering quite loudly. I think she's pretending the pom pom ball is her "kitten". Blaze also likes this little wand with feathers on the end of it. She likes to pounce the feathers like they were prey.

Purr's favorite toy is an old yellow & white stuffed stripe sock, a/k/a Sockie. It's filled with batting and catnip. She likes carrying Sockie around in her mouth, and she yammers up a storm. Like Blaze, I think Purr is pretending Sockie is her kitten. It's interesting the places Purr leaves Sockie, that Purr apparently thinks are safe. I've found Sockie a couple of times drowning in the water bowl. Sometimes Sockie is buried deep in my closet. One time Sockie turned up missing for a couple of days, and I finally found the darn thing behind the hutch in my bedroom. I've no idea how it got there.
squirrel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cats would play with anything similar to bags, grocery bags, cigarette packs (the plastic cover), paper made in a ball, my pens, my hair pins, my lighters, a plastic toy mouse, me and one another... Cool
Purr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yes, Purr loves to hang out in shopping bags. Just lay one on it's side, and she'll go right in. It's comical.

Blaze likes to hang out in empty shoe boxes, that is, if she can stuff herself in one. She also loves nothing better than to lay on top of a pile of clean laundry.
Jonathan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever notice how much fun cats have with an open suitcase? Especially when its in the midst of being packed?: Laughing
Genesius Redux

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cats are so perverse! You go out and buy them the most expensive little kitty playhouse, with all sorts of bells and whistles, and when you bring it home, what do they want to play with?

The box it came in.

But try the Cat Dancer sometime. Just a little piece of cardboard on a wire--but they go nuts for it.
Purr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan wrote:
Ever notice how much fun cats have with an open suitcase? Especially when its in the midst of being packed?: Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's just too funny. When I was packing for a dance competition earlier this year, both cats laid on top of the suitcase. They knew what was up, and I think they would have packed themselves in the suitcase if they could have. My mom took care of them the 5 days I was gone, and they were fine.
squirrel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess cats generally love boxes, bags, cupboards, clean laundry and anything they are not supposed to play with! Laughing Laughing
Purr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squirrel wrote:
I guess cats generally love boxes, bags, cupboards, clean laundry and anything they are not supposed to play with! Laughing Laughing

More or less. One time I snapped a funny picture of Purr...she was up on her hind feet stretching to get into the cupboard! Too funny! Wink
squirrel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, cats are sooooo funny at times...
Larinda McRaven

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stimpy has a "sock" too! He loves the sock. It is a big ole stuffed tube sock filled with catnip and other odd socks. It is by far his favorite.
darskayairene

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cat likes playing with different scrap of paper tortiled into a ball. Also he is crazy about catching spot of reflected light from mirror.
Recently my husband bought me about 70 balloons for my birthday. The balloons were liying all over the apartment and at first my cat was very afraid of them. But soon he got used to it and liked playing with it and break it. He hadn't calmed down until all of 70 balloons were broken. Twisted Evil My husband said he will buy me (or my cat?) 70 balloons more.
cocodrilo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are GREAT cat toys in Japan! My cats love little furry mice that they completely shred to bits! I can recycle them though, as they end up under the couch and can huck them out again for the cats to play with several times before they are destroyed! There's also a toy called "neko-jarashi", which is a soft, furry thing at the end of a pliable plastic stick. My cats go nuts over these! When I'm sitting around reading or watching TV, they always bring one over to me in their mouth and meow("Hey Mom, let's play!"). They fetch the little mice, too.
Purr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purr's taken an interest in a few of her old toys. She likes the fishing pole, which has a little piece of fake fur on the end of the line. I wave the pole around, and she's chases after it. It's pretty funny.

Purr also has had fun playing with toy mice, which I recently restuffed with catnip. She's not a big fan of catnip, but at least it peaked her interest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pets Forum Forum Index -> Cats All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: