Pets Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Archive

Fun Stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."

- Robert A. Heinlein
Purr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A cat is a demure animal; it will not come into the living room wagging its tail and knocking over lamps and tables."

- H. Monger Burdock
Purr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAYONNAISE JAR AND COFFEE

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous "yes."

The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.

"Now," said the professor, as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things-God, family, your children, your Health, your friends, and your favorite passions-things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, and your car. The sand is everything else-the small stuff.

"If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your partner out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal."

Take care of the golf balls first, the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented.

The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend."

When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar...and the coffee...
Purr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Some days you're the dog, and some days you're the hydrant. "

- Unknown
Purr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinderella is now 95 years old.

After a fulfilling life with the now dead prince, she happily sits upon her rocking chair, watching the world go by from her front porch, with a cat named Bob for companionship.

One sunny afternoon out of nowhere, appeared the fairy godmother.

Cinderella said, "Fairy Godmother, what are you doing here after all these years?"

The fairy godmother replied, "Cinderella, you have lived an exemplary life since I last saw you. Is there anything for which you yearn?"

Cinderella was taken aback, overjoyed, and after some thoughtful consideration, she uttered her first wish,"The prince was wonderful, but not much of an investor. I'm living hand to mouth on my disability checks, and I wish I were wealthy beyond comprehension."

Instantly her rocking chair turned into solid gold.

Cinderella said, "Ooh, thank you Fairy Godmother."

The fairy godmother replied "It is the least that I can do. What do you want for your second wish?"

Cinderella looked down at her frail body, and said, "I wish I were young and full of the beauty and youth I once had."

At once, her wish became reality, and her beautiful young visage returned. Cinderella felt stirrings inside of her that had been dormant for years.

And then the fairy godmother spoke once more,"You have one more wish, what shall it be?"

Cinderella looks over to the frightened cat in the corner and says, "I wish for you to transform Bob, my old cat, into a kind and handsome young man."

Magically, Bob suddenly underwent so fundamental a change in his biological make-up that, when he stood before her, he was a man so beautiful the likes of him neither she nor the world had ever seen.

The fairy godmother said, "Congratulations Cinderella, enjoy your new life." With a blazing shock of bright blue electricity, the fairy godmother was gone as suddenly as she appeared.

For a few eerie moments, Bob and Cinderella looked into each other's eyes. Cinderella sat, breathless, gazing at the most beautiful, stunningly perfect man she had ever seen.

Then Bob walked over to Cinderella, who sat transfixed in her rocking chair, and held her close in his young muscular arms. He leaned in close, blowing her golden hair with his warm breath as he whispered...........................

"BET YOU'RE SORRY YOU NEUTERED ME."

Last edited by Purr on Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jonathan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh Exclamation
squirrel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purr... nice one!
Purr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Work - other people's work - is an intolerable idea to a cat. Can you picture cats herding sheep or agreeing to pull a cart? They will not inconvenience themselves to the slightest degree."

- Dr. Louis J. Camuti
Purr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It is impossible to keep a straight face in the presence of one or more kittens."

- Cynthia Varnardo

Very Happy Wink
Jonathan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purr wrote:
"It is impossible to keep a straight face in the presence of one or more kittens."

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Purr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Watch your kitten make a snug home for itself inside a shoe box. Two weeks later, we see outrage on his face. 'This shoe box has shrunk! I am being forced to live in an Unfair World!' "

- Christine Harris

Very Happy
Purr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I put down my book, The Meaning of Zen, and see the cat smiling into her fur as she delicately combs it with her rough pink tongue. Cat, I would lend you this book to study, but it appears you have already read it... Don't be ridiculous, she purrs, I wrote it. "

---Dilys Laing
Purr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You'll never need a lawn ornament if you have a cat in the yard."

- Katherine Palmer Peterson
Purr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always Believe In Yourself

Get to know yourself-
what you can do
and what you cannot do-
for only you can make your
life happy

Believe that by working
learning and achieving
you can reach your goals
and be successful

Believe in your own creativity
as a means of expressing
your true feelings

Believe in appreciating life
Be sure to have fun every day
and to enjoy
the beauty in the world

Believe in love
Love your friends
your family
yourself
and your life

Believe in your dreams
and your dreams can become
a reality
Purr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A home without a cat, and a well-fed, well-petted and properly revered cat, may be a perfect home, perhaps, but how cat it prove its title?"

---Mark Twain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pets Forum Forum Index -> General Pet Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: