Pets Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Archive

Swallow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darskayairene

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Swallow Reply with quote

Today I've heard some noise on the balcony and went out to see what was happening there. When I came out, I saw a swallow, rushing about the balcony. She must had flown in one of the windows, which was opened and tried to escape, but the other windows were closed and she was knocking against the windows and was not able to fly outdoors. What was the most surprising - several swallows were flying behind the windows, crying and trying to help their friend (or member of family, I don't know). I took a poor bird (it was wonderful, I never kept a swallow in my hands!) and let her out of the window. She flew away with her friends right away. I was so happy I hepled her. In our country there is a belief that if a swallow makes a nest near your window, it will bring you happiness.
Jonathan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a nice little story darskayairene! Smile
darskayairene

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan wrote:
What a nice little story darskayairene! Smile

Thank you Very Happy
Last summer our balcony wasn't glassed-in yet (but we were going to do it in a month) and a swallow decided to make a nest at our balcony. We worried that she will incubate the baby birds and than glassing-in of the balcony will frighten her off. She spent a day at our balcony, but than saw our cat and flew away Sad From one side, we were glad, as we really worried about her, from another side we were upset as it is considered a very good sign, when a swallow is making a nest near your place.
cocodrilo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just reading somewhere that swallows will not build nests in homes that have cats. Swallows have never attempted to build a nest at my house nor my neighbors(I have two cats inside, she has FIVE!), yet the swallows are building nests everywhere around my block. Some people don't mind it but some say it's a chore cleaning up after them as they tend to make quite a mess(and the droppings attract vermin).
bmason

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We sometimes get birds trapped in our fireplace from the chimney and we know they are there when several of the cats are sitting there watching it. We usually put the cats in a closed room to be able to get the bird and let them out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pets Forum Forum Index -> Birds All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: