Pets Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Archive

Bunny In The Bush

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purr

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Bunny In The Bush Reply with quote

Over the weekend I discovered there's a little bunny living in the weigela bush outside my sunroom. The bunny is about 6 or 8 inches high, small, with light brown fur and black eyes. He (or she) is very cute!

My cat Purr, of course, noticed the bunny before I did. I'd seen her peering with interest outside the sunroom window several other times, but I had no idea what she was looking at. But now I do! The bunny doesn't seem to be afraid of us, maybe because we're inside, he just goes about his business of eating and scampering about. The bunny has hopped right up to the sunroom window and looked in a couple of times.
Shelley

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my cat Prissy was an outside cat (many years ago) she found a nest of bunnies. Well one day I came home to find one hopping around in my room! I was so shocked Shocked When I called the Ga wildlife rescue they told me to return it to the woods because it's chances of survival would be greater that way. Who knew Question Exclamation
darskayairene

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Bunny In The Bush Reply with quote

Purr wrote:
Over the weekend I discovered there's a little bunny living in the weigela bush outside my sunroom. The bunny is about 6 or 8 inches high, small, with light brown fur and black eyes. He (or she) is very cute!

My cat Purr, of course, noticed the bunny before I did. I'd seen her peering with interest outside the sunroom window several other times, but I had no idea what she was looking at. But now I do! The bunny doesn't seem to be afraid of us, maybe because we're inside, he just goes about his business of eating and scampering about. The bunny has hopped right up to the sunroom window and looked in a couple of times.

Unfortunately, we don't have rabbits in our city; only squirrels in some parks and a lot of doves and sparrows. Do you live somewhere in the suburb?
Purr

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I live in a suburb.

There have been several more sightings of the bunny. My cat, Purr, has lost interest in bunny watching, though. Shocked
darskayairene

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purr wrote:
Yes, I live in a suburb.

There have been several more sightings of the bunny. My cat, Purr, has lost interest in bunny watching, though. Shocked

She might has lost all the hopes in catching him Wink Once my cat saw a sparrow on the window-sill. Oh, I understood my cat isn't only a pleasant animal with soft hair.He is a beast of prey also! He showed his teeth and stood upright not moving any part of his body. I was surprised.
Purr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so sure my cat Purr knows how to catch a rabbit, much less what to do with one once she caught it. Shocked
Purr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The little bunny is all grown up now. He's HUGE!!!! In fact, he's the biggest bunny I've ever seen.

I haven't noticed any real damage to my plants and flowers so far yet, although I've seen him nibbling on the creeping phlox (he can eat all of that the wants to). And, I found droppings in my petunia bed.
darskayairene

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purr wrote:
The little bunny is all grown up now. He's HUGE!!!! In fact, he's the biggest bunny I've ever seen.

I haven't noticed any real damage to my plants and flowers so far yet, although I've seen him nibbling on the creeping phlox (he can eat all of that the wants to). And, I found droppings in my petunia bed.

You might have very tasty and nutritious plants in your garden for bunny to grow up Wink
Purr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess! I've seen the bunny a few times within the last several days. He's not afraid of me at all. He'll hold his ground until I get within about 4 feet of him, and then he hops away.
Purr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunny may have found a friend. Yesterday afternoon I saw two bunnies playing together in my neighbor's yard. If they're a pair, I'd expect they will multiply like, well, rabbits. Very Happy
darskayairene

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purr wrote:
Bunny may have found a friend. Yesterday afternoon I saw two bunnies playing together in my neighbor's yard. If they're a pair, I'd expect they will multiply like, well, rabbits. Very Happy

Very Happy Yeah, rabbits are very successful in multiplying... May be you should start a business, selling rabbits? Wink
bmason

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shelley wrote:
When my cat Prissy was an outside cat (many years ago) she found a nest of bunnies. Well one day I came home to find one hopping around in my room! I was so shocked Shocked When I called the Ga wildlife rescue they told me to return it to the woods because it's chances of survival would be greater that way. Who knew Question Exclamation

Did your cat bring the bunny in? Usually when cats bring in something it is dead or dying from the cat "playing" with it.
Purr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darskayairene wrote:
Purr wrote:

Very Happy Yeah, rabbits are very successful in multiplying... May be you should start a business, selling rabbits? Wink

We've surely got a lot of rabbits around my condo community. Shocked

Bunny is getting very bold. He comes right up on my front porch to nibble the petunias. It's comical, because he stands on his hind legs. Very Happy
bmason

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purr wrote:
It's comical, because he stands on his hind legs. Very Happy

My rabbits used to do that when they were exploring and were curious about stuff. I think they do it when they think something is wrong so even though he is bold and is coming up close he may be doing it with caution. He may take off when he sees something he does not like. It is funny to watch though. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pets Forum Forum Index -> Rabbits All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: