Pets Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Archive

Favourite unusual food of your cat
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darskayairene

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Favourite unusual food of your cat Reply with quote

My cat is mad about fresh melons and tomatoes. When he smells its flavour, he begins crying as if he smells flavour of meat. My friend's cat likes beer. But in fact I'm against habituating the animals to alcohol. I saw a TV broadcast and they said the animals get used to alcohol very quickly and suffer a lot from it.
Purr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see. Purr likes chip dip, orange creamsickle pops, and, of course, milk. When I have cereal, she's right there trying to get into the bowl.

One time when Purr was little, she came up to me, bit off the end of a Kellogg's Nutrigrain bar I had in my hand, and took off like she had a prize. It was the funniest thing. Very Happy
cocodrilo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My previous cat LOVED any human snackfood, especially ice cream and Japanese rice crackers and peanuts, one of MY favorite snacks! When I'd be chomping on a celery stick, he'd come up and start chewing the leafy part on the opposite side! The 2 cats I have now are pretty normal. They adore dried bonito shavings(called "katsuobushi", commonly used to make broths in Japanese dishes) and I sometimes give thema little piece of the bread I am eating or Korean seaweed. They LOVE dried seaweed!
darskayairene

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purr wrote:
Let's see. Purr likes chip dip, orange creamsickle pops, and, of course, milk. When I have cereal, she's right there trying to get into the bowl.

One time when Purr was little, she came up to me, bit off the end of a Kellogg's Nutrigrain bar I had in my hand, and took off like she had a prize. It was the funniest thing. Very Happy

Milk isn't unusual for cats. My cat got used to milk from his childhood and still adores everything that contains milk: yoghurt, sour cream, ice cream. Especially he likes licking clean the empty cans which contained these milk products. I am surprised sometimes how he manages to get his head into these cans.
squirrel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My female loves to lick some hand cream that I have! Shocked Shocked

And a friend of mine has a cat who loves Ben Gay! He always licks the tube... Smile
Purr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

squirrel wrote:
And a friend of mine has a cat who loves Ben Gay! He always licks the tube... Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing
darskayairene

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

squirrel wrote:
My female loves to lick some hand cream that I have! Shocked Shocked

My cat likes smell of Domestos (cleaner which contains chlorine). He is always sitting near me when I clean the bathroom and is very interested with the smell. After I finish, he begins licking the objects which were cleaned with Domestos and I scold him as I'm afraid he can poison himself. Sad
squirrel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you keep him somewhere else when you use Domestos... I do that when my cats are too interested in it! Smile
Sammy's Mom

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammy likes any kind of cheese, dairy and cookies. When there's chicken or turkey in the house, he will beg and stare until he gets some.
Sita likes my buttered noodles with parmesan, and she likes to lick cookies and cheesy crackers. They always want to check out what I'm eating.
Sam used to be not at all interested in people food. My ex liked it this way, and didn't want me to "spoil" him. But when it became just the two of us, (me & Sam) I started letting him smell and share my treats. Now he likes people food and is a bit of a pest, but I don't mind.
I just want to make him happy in his remaining time with me.
I love my cats!!
Shelley

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Milk isn't unusual for cats.

No but, I have a cat that prefers veggie cheese! She's wild about it. Wink
My other two cats like Vaseline. I think it keeps them from getting constipated because it's also an ingredient in laxatone the hairball remedy.
Sammy's Mom

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darskayairene wrote:

My cat likes smell of Domestos (cleaner which contains chlorine). He is always sitting near me when I clean the bathroom and is very interested with the smell. After I finish, he begins licking the objects which were cleaned with Domestos and I scold him as I'm afraid he can poison himself. Sad

Sam used to lick the tub a lot. I worried about it, too.
We called him Tublicker.
Purr

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammy's Mom wrote:
We called him Tublicker.

That's too funny! Laughing
darskayairene

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammy's Mom wrote:
darskayairene wrote:

Sam used to lick the tub a lot. I worried about it, too.
We called him Tublicker.

And we call our cat Damned Smeller Twisted Evil
randomMysh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My roommate's cat loves french fries, they're his favorite food. On the other hand, he will not touch raw fish or meat. He sometimes agrees to eat cooked fish if it wasn't flavored too strongly. But really, he'll take french fries over salmon any time!
darskayairene

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

randomMysh wrote:
My roommate's cat loves french fries, they're his favorite food. On the other hand, he will not touch raw fish or meat. He sometimes agrees to eat cooked fish if it wasn't flavored too strongly. But really, he'll take french fries over salmon any time!

I heard raw meat is very important for cat's nutrition and health. The dogs are able to live without raw meat, but cats - no! They are small beasts of prey.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pets Forum Forum Index -> Cats All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: