Pets Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Archive

Habits of our pets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darskayairene

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Habits of our pets Reply with quote

Lets talk about the habits of our pets. My cat has a strange habit - he cannot eat very tasty pieces at his special place where he should eat it. If the pieces are large and he can take them away, he passes it over all the kitchen at first and if I don't see, he takes it to the room and eats it there, staining the floor. Today I put such piece at balcony in order to preserve the cleanness of my apartment and shut the balcony's door. For half of an hour my cat was trying to get to the apartment, piece in his teeth. When he understood he would not be able to do it, he ate it at the balcony. But I suspect it was a kind of stress for him - to change the place of taking the food.
squirrel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same goes for my female kitty! If I feed her pieces of anything, she would carry them on the floor (and even play with them) before eating.

One habit of my cats is to fight at 4-5 PM, waking me up! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Another is to try to open the door of a wardrobe and get inside... the door being locked, imagine the noise their claws make on the wood! Sad At the same hour in the morning - 4-5! Grrr... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Purr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Purr wants a treat, she goes to the same spot in my kitchen. That's her place to get a treat. Very Happy

Purr carries her yellow & white catnip stuffed sock around the house, caterwauling loudly. This can go on, and on, and on, which is odd for an otherwise quiet cat. Sometimes Purr leaves the sock in very interesting places. I've found it drowned in the water bowl, buried deep in my closet, and tucked under the sofa. Who knows what she's thinking? Rolling Eyes
darskayairene

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purr wrote:
When Purr wants a treat, she goes to the same spot in my kitchen. That's her place to get a treat. Very Happy

Purr carries her yellow & white catnip stuffed sock around the house, caterwauling loudly. This can go on, and on, and on, which is odd for an otherwise quiet cat. Sometimes Purr leaves the sock in very interesting places. I've found it drowned in the water bowl, buried deep in my closet, and tucked under the sofa. Who knows what she's thinking? Rolling Eyes

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
darskayairene

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my cat's strange habbits is polishing my lacquered furniture. He stands up on his back legs and begins passing over the furniture with his front legs. I don't understand what it means. Sometimes it seems to me he is asking for food this way, but sometimes I'm not sure about it.
Purr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe there's something about the lacquer that the cat likes. Shocked

My cat Purr has a thing for Estee Lauder skin care products (Advanced Night Repair, Idealist, and any of the moisterizers). If she smells them on my face, she tries to lick it. Rolling Eyes
Jonathan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darskayairene wrote:
One of my cat's strange habbits is polishing my lacquered furniture. He stands up on his back legs and begins passing over the furniture with his front legs. I don't understand what it means.

Well, cats are known for their cleanliness, right? Wink Laughing
bmason

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had(lives with my brother now) a cat that when he would eat he would paw out one crunchy onto the floor and eat it from there. Then when he would drink he would dip his paw into the water, flick the water onto the floor and then lick the drops up. Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pets Forum Forum Index -> General Pet Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: