Pets Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Archive

Would you pick up a small lonely kitten in the street?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darskayairene

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Would you pick up a small lonely kitten in the street? Reply with quote

As for me, I didn't have such situations, but it seems to me if I see a small shivery kitten in the street, I will not be able to pass by. I feel so sorry for these small defenseless animals, as if they are small children. People are often cruel with animals and they should be punished with all the severity for this.
I would like to ask everybody who will read this post - if you see a small cat or dog in the street, don't pass by. Take care of him - may be call to some animals' shelter or present this animal to your friend, if you don't need it yourself and believe, you will feel so good you've done a kind deed.
Purr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly how I ended up adopting Blaze and Mr. Kitty, my 2 previous cats! Pretty much, they just showed up at my doorstep. I think I must have had a sign in my window for any stray cat in the neighborhood needing a home to apply. Very Happy

Last edited by Purr on Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
darskayairene

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, you must be a very kind person.
Purr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darskayairene wrote:
Thank you, you must be a very kind person.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I only have 1 cat now, Purr. Both Blaze and Mr. Kitty have since passed over the rainbow bridge. I've thought of adopting another cat, but I'm not actively looking for one at the present time. Sometimes, I think if it's meant for me to have another cat, one will just show up on my doorstep like the others.
dTas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately i was on the other side of this exchange...

many years ago my very first kitty was out for a walk following me down the street when suddenly he was gone! i figured he had turned back to the house. when i got home i asked where my kitty was, nobody knew!

an eye witness saw another boy pick up a kitty matching mine and walk away with it.

Sad

but i would probably do the same... kitty's look soo defenseless.

1 female rottie and 1 kitty
squirrel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to... I already have 2 cats and I live in a 2-room apartment (one living and one bedroom). The place is small and the kitties cannot go out.

But it always breaks my heart to pass them by... About 2 weeks ago, I saw a small kitten hidden under a car, crying... I took him inside my block and tried to feed him... apparently he was more scared than hungry. I left him on the staircase and hoped someone would adopt him! Which actually occurred! I was happy for the small kitty...
darskayairene

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe as long as exist such people in the world as those who are communicating in this forum, this old kind world will be able to struggle with Evil.
bmason

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our first cat was hanging around our yard that my brother said was for about a week. He kept opening our screen sliding door and coming in. It was Mother's Day and nice out and I picked up the cat and he slept on my lap for a hour or so and we decided to let him stay in for the night but we ended up keeping him. We posted signs and stuff in case anyone lost him but no one ever contacted us about him. Everyone of our cats we have now came from a broken home or an otherwise unfavorable situation and since then have a great life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pets Forum Forum Index -> General Pet Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: