Pets Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Archive

Desructive Dog after move and baby - desperate for a cure

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hebie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Desructive Dog after move and baby - desperate for a cure Reply with quote

Advice. What can be done to help a dog adjust to a move (5 months ago) and a baby (9 months ago)? I give her as much attention as I can but I can never give her the attention that she used to get BC (before child) because, as some of you may know, being a newer mom takes a lot of time and devotion and rightly so my priority is my child. Since there are only so many hours in the day what can be done to help her adjust so she will quit destroying my house? She has caused marital problems between me and my husband because she is so destructive and I am at a loss and desperate for a sure fire cure. Got one?
David
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can afford it, it might be wise to talk to a pet psychologist who can spend a little time with your pet, and help to find an answer. One suggestion is when you do have time with him, you should try to wear him out physically by getting him to do a lot of running, and this should reduce the damage done.
hebie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you find one? I live in a rural area and there aren't any local "experts" outside of vets which we have seen. I have asked the local animal shelters if they offer behavior counceling but they don't. Where do you look to find them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pets Forum Forum Index -> Dogs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: