Pets Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Archive

old dog... when is it time?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dTas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: old dog... when is it time? Reply with quote

my "puppy" is getting on in her years (13 now) and is really starting to show her age.

when she comes back from a trip to the lake she's very very sore (either her joints or her muscles don't know) and whimps when she walks and has a terrible time going up and down stairs. its very sad.

i don't know if she'll be around come this time next year.

i'm wondering when is it time? and also... what can be done to make her more comfortable when she's feeling sore.

1 female rottie and 1 kitty
Purr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll know when she no longer has any quality of life...if she's still eating well...enjoying interaction with you...

I don't know of any specific products to make her sore joints or muscles feel better...perhaps your vet may have some ideas...
dTas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i took her to the vet and she increased my puppy's daily dosage of glucosamine and also gave her a perscription of muscle relaxants for when she goes out and plays hard.

she's actually doing much better. she comes on weekly 5-6 mile hikes in the moutains and goes swimming in the lake again. she's still a little sore but she's much happier. Smile

1 female rottie and 1 kitty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pets Forum Forum Index -> Dogs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: