Pets Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Archive

help: cat has adopted us

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dTas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: help: cat has adopted us Reply with quote

we have a cat that has started to hang around our house, quite deliberately.

its laying in our drive way when we get home. it sits on our front porch meyowing for attention.

we've been ignoring it but it there when we open the front door and there when we come home. we haven't given it any food or petting or anything. we don't know who's cat it is. the neighbor feeds it but it chooses to stay in our front yard.

this is weird! does anyone know what's going on?

1 female rottie and 1 kitty
Purr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the kitty knows you have other animals, and it thinks your house would be a good home. Or perhaps the kitty knows that your house is a safe place to be. Who knows?

Is the neighbor feeding the kitty planning on adopting it?
dTas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i talked with the neighbor. she found out that the cat belongs to another neighbor 2 houses down who doesn't care for the cat at all. she only claims it.

they went on vacation once and locked the cat out of the house so my neighbor took him in and then later, when the owners came back, they came by with police to claim their cat accusing my neighbor of stealing the cat.

crazy!

1 female rottie and 1 kitty
Purr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is crazy. If the neighbors reallycared for the cat, they should have made arrangements for someone to take care of it while they were on vacation, instead of just abandoning it.

I've got a stray cat hanging around my condo. He's grey, with no collar. While he's a little small, he doesn't look starving. I saw him sunning himself by my sunroom when I came home from work a few days ago. My cat, Purr, was keeping a close eye on him from inside the sunroom. I think the stray likes the catmint plant by the sunroom. He's a little shy, I haven't been able to get near him. I'm hoping the stray belongs to one of the other condo owners close by.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pets Forum Forum Index -> Cats All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: