Pets Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Archive

Pets in the Movies and TV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Pets in the Movies and TV Reply with quote

I guess my favorite pet in the movies was Benji. I remember when I was a little kid and loving those movies. There are lots of other famous dogs: Lassie, Rin Tin Tin, and many others.

I can't think of a single cat. What am I forgetting?
squirrel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Truth about Cats and Dogs... it had cats!
Purr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's the Garfield movie that came out this summer. It really got panned here, so I didn't go see it.

Didn't the Austin Powers movie feature a Sphinx cat?

I seem to remember some years back a movie that featured a cat as a detective, but I can't remember the title. And then I thought there was another one about a cat that wanted to take over the world.
Peor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benji! So much better than Black Beauty or Lassie Smile I never liked the last two much anyway. Benji was portraited as a life character and the other two resolved more around the human actors/actress'.

Homeward Bound was a nice film. Any version. I always forget the name of the young dog. I remember a series of books, featuring two siamese cats who helped with the detective work, if I am correct.
Purr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the movie The Princess Diaries 2 yesterday. I really liked the tuxedo cat, Fat Louie! He was so cute!
Peor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget Snowball (that was his name, right?) from Stuart Little Wink And don't forget Frank the pug:

Purr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, from the Men In Black movies! Cool
Genesius Redux

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, there's Asta, the little wire-haired fox terrier from the Thin Man movies in the 30s and 40s. And Toto too!

Incidentally, if you ever watch The Wizard of Oz, check out Toto during "Over the Rainbow." He's got his little eyes on Judy Garland the whole time, and if you look carefully, you can see her toss him a treat. You may be only able to see that on the big screen, but it's definitely there. They were food training back in the 30s too, and it was just as superior to force then as it is today.

But the all-time charming movie for training has to be Cujo. There are a couple of long shots when he's trying to get into the car and you can just see a wag of his tail as he plays this interesting game.

And always check out the "evil" Dobes and Rotties. These are the dogs of choice for occult films featuring evil dogs, because you can film them without seeing their little tails going like mad. But if you watch, you can occasionally see the little tail quivering with excitement.
salsachinita

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if you guys in America get this cute TV series of a detective dog "Inspector Rex".....it comes from Austria.

My Mum loves this show to bits. It's amazing what you can get a dog to do Cool !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
darskayairene

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was small, I liked "Beethoven" a lot about St. Bernard dog. Do you remember this film? Though, in reality, I would not like to keep such big dog in the apartment. I think it is really difficult. But the film is very funny, kind and nice.
kenny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the movies .. "the Incredible ......" ( forgot what it is.. )
Well its with 2 dogs and 1 cat..
They run away from a farm they have been placed on, the travel to the mountains and dirt.. Remeber I almost cried on the last part of the movie .. where the wize dog appears Smile
Purr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Pets Forum, kenny. Very Happy Maybe you're thinking of "The Incredible Journey."
kenny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purr wrote:
Welcome to Pets Forum, kenny. Very Happy Maybe you're thinking of "The Incredible Journey."

yeah thats the one Very Happy What a great movie .. I liked the first better than the second movie. But that was also a nice film Smile

I think we decided to buy a boxer after seeing this movie Smile
The boxer`s name was Chance I think .. funny dog Smile
Jonathan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purr wrote:
Welcome to Pets Forum, kenny. Very Happy

Ditto! Very Happy
bmason

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purr wrote:
I seem to remember some years back a movie that featured a cat as a detective, but I can't remember the title. And then I thought there was another one about a cat that wanted to take over the world.

I am not sure about the cat being the detective but there is the movie "That darn cat" which has an older and newer version and then the one about the cat that wanted to take over the world I think you are talking about "Cats and Dogs" with Jeff Goldblum.

Look them up and see if either of those are what you are thinking of. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pets Forum Forum Index -> General Pet Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: