Pets Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Archive

Falling from the window or balcony

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darskayairene

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Falling from the window or balcony Reply with quote

In our country this is a problem as we have a lot of 5-9 floor houses with balconies and cats like sitting on the balcony and watching birds. Sometimes they decide they can fly and catch a bird, but of course they fall. Fortunately, the most cases end successfully, especially if the floor was not more than 5th. My cat fell from the window of our 5th floor apartment when he was about 7-8 months old. I forgot to close the window in the room and when I returned home I was not able to find my cat. I looked out of the window, growing cold with terror, and saw him sitting on the ground. He was scared a lot and brought him to the doctor. Doctor gave him several injections, found a split in his hip joint and tried to put his leg in plaster. The plaster was took off by my cat in several hours. So, I gave up on the idea of plaster and my cat feels good until present time. Since then I'm always very careful about the windows. Smile
squirrel

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cat also fell from the 2nd floor! But she was all right! I looked for her for 2 days and kept on crying... the third day I found her in front of the block of flats.

Smile
Sammy's Mom

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We live on the second floor and both our cats have fallen off the balcony twice! Sita, the younger, was unharmed. Sammy, my 17 year old baby, almost died. He went into the closet for days, his life force was very low. I thought it was all over, but I prayed and he recovered!
He is good as new, and looking good for an old fart!
Shelley

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Prissy was about 9 months old she fell from a tree and cought her paw on a branch and pretty much snapped it in two. She was very frighted and shaking all over when she hobbled onto our porch. She has been a total indor cat for around 5 years now but last year we lived in a house and would let her out onto the deck of the house. Problem was she liked to climb up onto the roof and chase the squirrels. Luckily she never fell but was terrified when David climbed up to get her. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pets Forum Forum Index -> Cats All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: